Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Simple...

Kyle & I decided to do a last minute family get-together in celebration of Mal's birthday. With busy schedules and miles that separate our homes, it many times is difficult for everyone to convene. When the girls were younger, we used to have HUGE events to celebrate, however that is one area that the Lord has greatly simplified us in. To be honest, I have a hard time setting boundaries when it comes to things like that and since I tend to be an all-or-nothing person, we just pretty much ceased from having celebrations all together. This year, we decided to do something s-m-a-l-l and I am so glad we did.

A few days in advance, we planned a little get pow-wow and I pretty much let Mal be in charge, since after all, it was for her. I asked her who she wanted to invite, what she wanted to do and what food she wanted to have. Talk about simple... Did I say earlier that I have a hard time setting boundaries when it comes to things like this? I had to continually remind myself that I was letting her be in charge...

Invitation List... Close family - check.
Evening Activity... Everyone come here, play the Wii and eat - check.
Menu... BBQ pork sandwiches, chips, relishes, queso & Oreo fluff - check.
Really, Mal? No other desserts?How about brownies? Nope!
Just one salad? Not so much, however I did talk her into having a pasta salad.
Have I said that I have a hard time setting boundaries when it comes to parties?

It was a delightfully simple evening and we had a delightfully awesome time!
Everyone got full. Everyone had fun. Everyone enjoyed being together.

I'm very thankful for a daughter who appreciates simplicity and is content in the simplest of pleasures! ♥

2 comments:

  1. Oreo Fluff?! Oh my - looks amazing! you must share that recipe - or just make some for me! 'Kay?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-duper easy to make! :)

    I'll make sure I whip some up the next time we are able to get together! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥