No major commitments.
No errands to run.
No deadlines to meet.
Just a week of productive school, fruitful afternoons with MaKayla & Mal and fulfilling evenings as a family.
It's been more than wonderful!
As I tidy up this morning in preparation for another day, my eyes glance over the elements of our home and it is obvious that we live here. Some may see it as messy but I see it as life.
Growing up, Mom always kept our home spic & span. Always clean. Always organized. Everything was always in its place. Although I am very grateful for her example, I know many days it was stressful, burdensome and bondage. She would admit now that she wished she would have relaxed a little and let things be...like she does now... That's the way it is at Dad & Mom's in the present time... Now that Troy, Marci & I are grown... Now that there are grandkids... And a great-grandchild...
So, as I scan the living room...
♥ I am grateful for the notebook that neatly sits on the coffee-table...surrounded by inkwells and a fountain pen...that documents the creative heart of our precious 12 year old.
♥ I am blessed by the ironing board & iron that is situated in an unfamiliar place as a result of a seventeen year old who is working on a sewing project for us girls.
♥ I am humbled by the Bible, journal and devotional that remains from a man's time with the Lord this morning. The man who holds my heart & leads our home.
I see:
♥ house slippers waiting for feet to inhabit...
♥ a puzzle waiting to be assembled...
♥ a Bible that was used by a child during our reading time last night...
♥ balloons & streamers from the celebration of a birthday earlier this week...
♥ Nala's toys strung throughout...
♥ a book the girls & I are reading through...
♥ laundry waiting to be folded...
♥ a leftover glass that provided hydration to the body of one I love...
♥ a warm candle burning to welcome MaKayla & Mal to a new day...
When I look around at the things that "litter/adorn" our home, I see love!
Because of that...
My heart is filled with joy... ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥