It's been such a relaxing evening here at home tonight and for that I am thankful...
As soon as Kyle arrived home from work & took care of a few things, he insisted that the two of us go for a short drive so we could visit with no interruptions. I've had so much weighing heavily on my heart and mind and he KNEW by the way I was acting that I needed to communicate how I was feeling. He wanted to hear my heart and for that I am thankful... We visited, prayed together and then came home to be with the girls and to fix supper.
Simple supper tonight... Sliced ham with potato wedges that Kyle cooked on the grill and Lima beans that MaKayla fixed on the stove top. Extra hands to help prepare our evening meal and for that I am thankful...
MaKayla was asked to do a pedicure this evening which encourages responsible independence and allows her to spend time doing something she finds great enjoyment in. For this opportunity, I am thankful...
Mal & I had a fun time taking on a few intense hands of Nertz and then Kyle sat down with her and showed her a few more things pertaining to the bass guitar. One-on-one time with our girls is something I cherish and for it, I am thankful...
I'm thankful for:
*worship music strung out all over the floor
*a Nertz game waiting to be completed
*a husband who sincerely cares how I feel
*beautiful girls who bring so much joy & delight to my every day
*a cold glass of iced tea :)
*beautiful, mild January weather
*God's Word which nourishes me, compels me & comforts me
*new, soft and cozy jammies that Kyle & the girls got me for Christmas
*my 'The Duggars 20 and Counting' book
*being able to teach Mal to shuffle cards "bridge-style"
*CD's that minister to my heart
*a clean ceiling fan in the kitchen
*the jingle of Nala's bell reminding me that she is somewhere in our home
*a hot cup of tea made just for me first thing this morning
*bright, new, cute toenails
Any day and every day...
Any moment and every moment...
It is good and refreshing to acknowledge the simple but priceless things I have to be thankful for.
God is so good;
He's so good to me!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
It's the many simple things that make our lives so sweet! I am so thankful for you my sweet friend!
ReplyDeletePS What in the world is Nertz?!
Nertz is a fun, face-paced card game similar to solitaire. :) We LOVE it!
ReplyDelete