What do I fear the most?
In humility am I willing to acknowledge and confess that which I fear?
Does what I fear most, interfere with my day-to-day process of life?
Is that fear being imposed on my family?
Are my children "learning" the reality of that fear?
Do I believe the great and mighty God that I serve can conquer that fear?
Can I catch the vision of what freedom would look like if I allow the Lord to bring healing and deliverance from the fear that grips the core of my being?
-fear-
*a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, ect.,
whether the threat is real or imagined;
*the feeling or condition of being afraid;
*concern or anxiety;
*solicitude
As I went about my morning, the Lord revealed to me the deliverance He is working in my life regarding a fear that has riveted me for many, many years. A fear that has crippled me. A fear that has held me captive. Something that would be very insignificant to most people yet very real and gripping to me.*a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, ect.,
whether the threat is real or imagined;
*the feeling or condition of being afraid;
*concern or anxiety;
*solicitude
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself,
being afraid can so immobilize you that you can't move to solve the very problems that are causing you to fear.
Franklin D. Roosevelt's First Inaugural Address
March 4, 1933
being afraid can so immobilize you that you can't move to solve the very problems that are causing you to fear.
Franklin D. Roosevelt's First Inaugural Address
March 4, 1933
Profound words... Been there... Done that... For far too long!
The past five weeks for me have been life transforming... My God is leading me out of the pasture of fear into the land of freedom! He is calling me to step out in courage and trust His power, protection and provision! He is bringing freedom and deliverance into my life and I am unexplainably grateful!
The past five weeks for me have been life transforming... My God is leading me out of the pasture of fear into the land of freedom! He is calling me to step out in courage and trust His power, protection and provision! He is bringing freedom and deliverance into my life and I am unexplainably grateful!
I sought the Lord, and He answered me;
He delivered me from all my fears.
Psalm 34:4
He delivered me from all my fears.
Psalm 34:4
"Fear thou not - for I am with you. Be not afraid, for I'm thy God. I will strengthen you, yeah I will help you, yeah will I uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness." Hugs sweet friend!
ReplyDeleteYour words are the words I needed to read this morning. Funny how the Lord knows what His children need to let go of -- I had an email come through and then your post.
ReplyDeleteThank you for writing so boldly and beautifully. And praise God for your own journey!
Rachel
Hi Mendi! You are such a sweet person and have such beautiful words. I have enjoyed reading your blog posts.
ReplyDeleteI thank you for writing this post. It meant a lot to me as I tend to be an emotional mess sometimes, and I would guess it stems from fear--fear of the unknown. FEAR AND WORRY AND BUSYNESS =EMOTIONAL MESS
GOD AND PRAYER=DELIVERANCE from FEAR and WORRY and BUSYNESS
I think it was you that said you found a picture and hung it on your wall and it said SIMPLIFY. (or something like that :) We've been thinking about that a lot lately and we're trying to make changes--simplify our lives.
I'm sitting here trying to read this to Craig and I'm crying. Imagine that!
Love to you and your family! We miss you all!
Love,
Janie