The other morning as I was making Kyle & I's bed, my mind was buzzing with all of the things that needed to get done, that had failed to get done, that were hovering over me like a black looming storm cloud. In that moment, the Lord ever so gently spoke into my ear, "Mendi, why are you always so bankrupt on time? Have I not set the days and weeks into place according to My will? Have I not given you sufficient time to get those things accomplished that are yours to do? Why are you always weighed down with what is yet left to do? Are you doing things I have not instructed? Have you committed to things I have not ordained you to do? Are you being a good steward of your time?"
I've thought alot about this conversation that the Lord had with me about a week ago...
It's really left me thinking... Pondering... Considering... Analyzing...
Again this morning as I was reading out of the book of Exodus the concept of time was reaffirmed in my heart. Moses assembled the whole Israelite community and said to them, "These are the things the Lord has commanded you to do: For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death. Do not light a fire in any of your dwellings on the Sabbath day."
Why does there never seem to be enough time?
Why am I always hurrying, scurrying and keeping an eye on the clock?
Why am I inevitably thinking of what is next on my list to do rather than enjoying the task at hand?
Why does it seem that I continually come up short?
God has given me ample time to accomplish that which He instructs me to do. It's all the little distractions... It's all the extra commitments... It's the lack of priorities... It's failing to give Him the firstfruits of my day... It's falling short of simplicity... It's choosing to hang onto my agenda...
Most people think of bankruptcy in reference to money but could it mean time as well?
These are all things I am praying over...
I realize that the fault is all mine...
I am thankful there is resolve...
I am grateful that God will show me...
I am humbled by His grace...
I rejoice that as I seek, listen and obey I will discover the abundance of time!
Repenting...
Letting go...
Realigning...
Putting Him first...
Choosing simplicity rather than complexity...
Disciplining the flesh in order to follow the Spirit...
Thank you, Lord, for saving my soul...
Thank you, Lord, for making me whole...
Thank you, Lord, for giving to me...
Thy great salvation so rich and free...
Thank you, Lord, for making me whole...
Thank you, Lord, for giving to me...
Thy great salvation so rich and free...
Hi Mendi! Thanks so much for your post. I just love how the Lord leads so many of my bloggy friends to write just what I need to hear.
ReplyDeleteYesterday I had a friend ask me if she could borrow my Elizabeth George books (I found 4 of them, one that I'd had since 1999 when Logan was born). These were books I really enjoyed- so encouraging and helpful. Craig had to leave for Oklahoma right after lunch, so I decided to take our children on a fishing trip to the lake. I took my books with me, sat and read some chapters out of a couple of them and enjoyed the beautiful day. What I read parallels to what you wrote here on your blog. It is just what I needed to hear--such great encouragement and a needed reminder.
The boys & Taylynn enjoyed trying to fish, but seems the fish weren't wanting to be caught at that time. :0) After fishing and playing on the playground equipment, we took the books to our friend and enjoyed a refreshing visit with her & her sister. Such sweet blessings!!
Thank you Mendi! You are such a special person--so sweet and kind and I know you love the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind. You are a great example of one who lives out her life for Jesus--always striving to be better for Him!
Take care and keep keeping on for Him!
Love,
Janie
Interesting that I should read this today. You should see my to-do list. You should see my frantic expression. You should see how things are stacked three high on my calendar.
ReplyDelete. You should how amazing my God is. You should see how He miraculously provided for Matt to be accepted to Summit Semester and provided the money and the transportation. You should see my amazing family and how they all served till it hurt the last few days.
It's all a matter of perspective isn't it?
Bless you sweet friend!
Janie~Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful comments! It's a joy to hear from you and I am blessed to know that the posts that I share touch your heart. It's all about being open and real with how God is speaking/instructing.
ReplyDeleteI pray that you, Craig & your family are doing well!
Love~
Mendi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Melinda~
I've been wondering about Matt. So grateful for the praise report! Can't wait to hear how it has all come together :o)
Love~
Mendi