Today I find myself grateful for the unexpected blessings that the Lord showers on my life...
Things I don't anticipate...
Things I'm not looking for...
Things that are just HIM...
*A quick visit with a friend...
*An opportunity to pray with someone I love...
*The privilege to embrace my child...
*A breath of fresh fall air...
*Warm breezes blowing curtains where I sit...
*The sight of beautiful flowers that Kyle surprised me with...
*A precious child with a willing heart...
*A text message that simply says, "You are close to my heart..."
*A checkbook that balances on the first try...
*A vibrant daisy in my silver pail...
*Two bluejays frolicking under a tree...
*The promise that God has a will and a plan for my life...
As I spent time with the Lord this morning, He reminded me that His will should always supersede my will...not just in the big things/decisions but ALWAYS! I should daily enter the Holy of Holies seeking what His desire is for every moment of my day ahead, being willing to lay aside my own agenda in order to receive what His plan is for me and those that I affect, touch and influence. Making His will a reality takes surrender and discipline...something I have to remind myself of constantly. My spirit is oh so willing, but the weakened state of my flesh all~too~often gets in the way. May I be more diligent and determined to incline my ear to the voice of the Lord as He instructs me according to His plan, His will, His desire and His purpose for my life. Not just sometimes, but ALWAYS!
God, I am forever thankful that I am Yours!
Interesting that I should read this today - after God asked me to do something I DON'T WANT TO DO. Why is it so hard to surrender when I know He only wants the best for me?
ReplyDelete