Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Given To Know...


I will give them a heart to know me,
that I am the Lord.
They will be my people,
and I will be their God,
for they will return to me with all their heart.
Jeremiah 24:7

The other day I read this scripture and every time I look back on it, something deep inside my soul stirs. It tells me that God has graciously given me a heart to know that He is Lord. The reality of that reminds me of what an immeasurable Gift I have been given. The real question is, what am I doing with that Gift? Am I seeking to truly know Him? Am I following hard after Him in order to know who He is or do I just want what He has to offer? When I ponder on that, it makes me think of having a friend who only wants me for how I can serve them, help them, bless them or give to them. They only want me for what I do and not for who I am. It's not enough just to have my friendship...my love...my fellowship...my companionship... Is that how I treat my relationship with my Lord?
He has given me a heart to know Him...

Do I?


1 comment:

  1. "Do I really want HIM, or do I just want what He has to offer"...

    Tough words - but very very true. ow often do my prayers include "bless me, help me, change me" when they should be "show me who you are. I want more of you."

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥