Family Reunion at our house this weekend equals:
Busy...
Busy...
Busy...
Doing this...
Clean windows and curtains...
Clean floors...
Clean living room windows and curtains...
Clean breezeway...
Clean patio...
Can someone explain to me why it just won't stay this way???
It feels so good to have deep cleaning done but the thought that in a very short time it will all need to be repeated...
As I've gone about my week and the tasks therein, the Lord has been speaking to my heart that just as in cleaning my physical home takes much time and work, so equally does my spiritual home...my spirit. He reminded me that if I would be more diligent in keeping things done (physically and spiritually) when they need it, instead of ignoring, disregarding and overlooking it, the effort and energy required would be much less. The dust wouldn't be an inch thick, the windows wouldn't be quite so foggy and the sins wouldn't be in such multitude. It's been a busy, busy, busy week but such a fruitful one as well. After all, one day before I realize it, the physical things will all pass away and what is left in my spirit is simply all that will matter.
Whatever you do,
work at it with all your heart,
as working for the Lord,
not for men,
since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.
It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Colossians 3:23~24
*sigh* I was stressing to get my house clean today, as my sister and her kids are coming over tomorrow. (Nothing like a family reunion, but still special.) I got my windows cleaned, and rooms picked up. But I forsook my quiet time with the Lord to do it! "No time, no time!" UGH!
ReplyDeleteThank you for this gentle reminder, of what is truly important!!
God bless you!
Maellen
Even cleaning can be a service and sacrifice to the Lord! I an appreciate your busy week - have a wonderful reunion with the family! :)
ReplyDeleteLet me know when things slow down so we can get together!