This morning as I prepared for my day ahead, I spent time praying for Kyle and his work day ahead. I prayed that God would shower Him with wisdom, strength and joy. I prayed that the work of his hands would be fruitful and that even in our absence he would feel my love. I prayed that he would find fulfillment and completion in the tasks before him and that he would shine the light of Jesus to all those he came in contact with. Kyle's job is just that...a job. It's not something he has a passion for or loves to do. Many days it's an effort to be joyful in what he does. He's worked at the same place of employment for over twenty years and although it (the job) has provided for our needs, it is in no way Kyle's dream job. Oh how I wish that he could lay it all down and pick something else up...something that challenges him, enthralls him, fulfills him. Some day the Lord will provide "that job". Until then, Kyle is determined to be a faithful employee who gives his best at what he is entrusted with and at the same time share God's love with those he is in contact with on a daily basis.
I have been reading 'Created To Be His Help Meet' by Debi Pearl and although I have some firm/strong reservations and discrepancies (as does Kyle) with some of the content/teaching of the book, it has challenged me to be a more thankful and respectful wife. It has enlightened me to look at Kyle differently...in a more respectful, reverential way. It has encouraged me to see him truly for who he is rather than who I might think he should be. It's caused me to appreciate him more.
As I prayed, the Lord once again reminded me what a blessed woman I am to have such a faithful husband as Kyle.
He reminded me what a gift I have in this man that I call husband, lover, best friend, helpmeet, comforter, nurturer, provider...
He reminded me of what a treasure Kyle's faithfulness, gentleness, love, care, compassion and friendship is to my life.
He reminded me what an amazing man I have to call my own.
Today I am thankful for a faithful husband!
He is my Jesus-in-the-flesh!
Thank you God for this indescribable gift!
That is so precious! Thank you for these thoughts and your honesty- it has helped me to see how I sometimes (most times?) take my husband for granted! We are truly blessed to have men who are willing to do what it takes to provide, who love us and are godly leaders of our homes!
ReplyDeleteThank you for reminding me!
Maellen
That is so precious! Thank you for these thoughts and your honesty- it has helped me to see how I sometimes (most times?) take my husband for granted! We are truly blessed to have men who are willing to do what it takes to provide, who love us and are godly leaders of our homes!
ReplyDeleteThank you for reminding me!
Maellen