Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Good...


Life is good...real good! We have settled into our summer schedule which has been refreshing and enjoyable. In years past, I have had lofty goals of keeping somewhat of a routine throughout June, July and August but within a matter of days have lost sight of those aspirations. Alot has changed in our home over the past several months and through those changes, determination in a vast number of areas has emerged, school and our view of what a "productive life" looks like being just two of them.


Another young man in a community near where we live chose to take his own life late last week, this life adding evidence that there are a growing number of souls feeling no hope. I'm totally unaware of the details of the situation however the reality of it has been a distinct reminder to Kyle and I the value of deeply and richly investing in our children. We used to be so "driven" to jump at every opportunity, work tirelessly to make a living, serve unceasingly in our church, strive to involve our kids in every sport they wanted to partake in, running here and there spending very little "quality~quantity" time at home. In the past year we have let nearly everything go in order to "find family". We've simplified ALOT and in turn we have gained great wealth in embracing life...each other...God's richest gifts. It's been an amazing blessing and we are so thankful for how the Lord speaks, leads and lights the way before us. Life is good...


Kyle and I are being reminded that we only have our children for such a short amount of time. In that time it is our responsibility to instill in them a love for the Lord, a love for people, a love for life, a love for following hard after God. In that time it is up to us to make them feel loved, important, valuable, adequate... In that time we are instructed to teach them how to emerge out of the shell of security that they find in us and in turn put that refuge in Jesus. We are to encourage them to feed, rest, develop and be nurtured so that when the appointed time comes, they are ready to break out, find their wings and go wherever God leads.


This summer we are doing alot of living, learning and loving and so far it has been so good! I would have to say and I think all of us would agree that with the exception of Kyle working six-days-a-week, it has been one of the best summers yet. The girls and I are staying refreshed in their studies, we are doing alot of family reading, our pool is getting much use, the grill is sizzling most every night, a mowed walking path around the pond sees several steps in a day and our ZTR mower seat gets warmed nearly twice a week from all of the rain and sun we have been receiving. We're going alot less and staying home alot more. Life is good...


I find myself so thankful this day for the awesome God who gives us life and life more abundantly. Not just a good God, but an AWESOME God! Not just a good life, but an ABUNDANT life! Abundant even when the day does seem long or the road never ceases to end.


I find myself so thankful this day for the two richest blessings He ever could have given me to nurture, love, teach, train and enjoy! Not just good blessings, but RICH blessings! Each day I awake, I look so forward to the moments I get to spend with MaKayla and Mallary making memories.


I find myself so thankful this day for the amazing man God chose to complete my life. Not just a good man, but an AMAZING man...AMAZING in EVERY way! Apart from the Lord, Kyle is my life and my breath and I adore him!


Life is good and I am thankful!


Great is the Lord,

and greatly to be praised in the city of our God,
in the mountain of His holiness.
Psalm 48:1


2 comments:

  1. Yes GOOD is great isn't it :-) Your days sound wonderful. It is so nice to slip into a schedule of enjoying one another while being productive~

    ~Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right - we have so little time with the kids! The reality of that fact is sinking in whenever I think of a graduation next year - and another the year after that. Am I using today as wisely as a can to build into my children?

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥