Marci & I are hostessing a shower for MaKayla (and Dillon) on Saturday here in our home & my "things that need done" list are long & wide & deep. Yesterday I began the task of cleaning & preparing... This morning as I began thinking about the things I would like to get accomplished in my day ahead, my thoughts turned to the living room/dining room windows that are adorned with dusty curtains & speckled glass. And as I thought of the window coverings that have been present since we moved here ten years ago this summer, I realized that they really no longer "match"... And then I remembered a conversation with MaKayla & Mal the other day which confirmed that the furniture lacks in the "matching area" as well. Immediately the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart...
"Mendi, how often do you get so comfortable & familiar with something that you fail to see the need for change?
The reality of "unmatching" curtains & furniture...
The reality that they match each other yet they don't match the paint color or decor...
The reality that, though time moves on, things remain unchanged.
It's easier to not go there...
As I process the physical implication as well as the spiritual application in regard to this moment of instruction from the One who feeds & cleanses my soul, I am challenged & it compels me to examine other areas of my life that need "switched up" & "spruced up". It urges me to evaluate places in my heart that have become stagnant, faded & adorned with cobwebs. It drives me to look around & recognize clutter that needs removed & refreshment that needs to be executed.
Resisting change...
Refusing to glide with the ebb & flow of life...
Creates a hardness...
Feeds control...
Inhibits God from providing color to our beings...
Lonely.
Isolated.
Dull.
Suffocating.
Although God never changes, He desires that we do...
In conformity to His plan.
No, I'm not changing furniture or window coverings...yet.
We have a shower to prepare for & a wedding to plan! ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥