She is...
♥ wonderful
♥ beautiful
♥ caring
♥ thoughtful
♥ grace-giving
♥ loving
♥ confident
♥ courageous
♥ a servant by nature
♥ a lover of learning
♥ a perfectionist
♥ an organizer, through and through
♥ assertive
♥ content
♥ simple
She loves...
♥ pie
♥ 90 degree angles
♥ order
♥ Hershey's dark chocolate
♥ fru-frued coffee
♥ road trips
♥ her "sisther"
♥ shopping
♥ strawberries
♥ anything vintage
♥ fashion & style
♥ musicals
♥ jammies
♥ to be with people
♥ Snoozie house slippers
♥ adventure
♥ to clean
♥ to create
♥ the smell of the mall
♥ her "ocean"
♥ pearls
♥ hard work
She hates highly dislikes:
♥ snakes
♥ drama
♥ nursing homes
♥ funeral homes
♥ sweating
♥ defiant children
She. Is. Mine.
It's still hard for my mind to fathom that our first-born...
♥ the one who was the guinea pig
♥ the one who received the brash side of this momma
until Jesus fully got a hold of me
♥ the one who played alone a great deal of time
♥ the one who was expected to be a perfectionist
until I realized that it's all about the heart, not about the performance
♥ the one who had big independent, no husband/family aspirations in life
until Jesus fully got a hold of her
♥ the one who surrendered great accomplishments & worldly accolades
because she knew those accomplishments/accolades, although adrenaline rushing
were building her pride & destroying her spirit
♥ the one who has always known what is like to live as the "outsider"
♥ the "square"
♥ the "freak"
♥ the one who is choosing to live the Jesus life rather than the familiar life
not because she is more righteous or holy or better
or insecure or scared or attached to her momma
but because she desires His will & His best for her individual life
♥ the one who daily teaches me the essence of grace
♥ the essence of a servant's heart
♥ the essence of love
...has turned 19.
I've made so many mistakes in raising this one I love beyond words, yet God's grace trickles down through her spirit & transfers over to me. She has every reason to hate me, defy me, rebel against me & long to run a million miles away...yet she loves me & her grace is abundant to me. ♥ For that, I am thankful. ♥ I know life could be very different...for her...for me...for our family. She could choose to do her own thing, her own way yet she humbly surrenders her life to Christ & lives a life of contentment until He shows her where to go, what to do or which direction to take. It's not about anything her daddy & I have done, it's all about the grace & redemption of Christ. Grace & redemption brought straight to our level. ♥ For that, I am rich. ♥ Many people don't understand why MaKayla isn't moving on or how God could really be telling her to do what she is doing. I don't understand it either but one thing Kyle & I have taught her through the years is to always, always, always follow the leading of the Spirit. No matter what, follow the Holy Spirit & do what God so desires. As she waits & listens, she holds tight to diligence, hope & obedience. She serves.
♥ For that, I am blessed. ♥
MaKayla~
You are everything wonderful & I celebrate the beautiful creation of God that you have been, are & continue to become. Thank you for calling me 'Mama" & for loving me much more than I could ever deserve. You are a gift...
~A million Swedish fish & oh, so many more than you can count... ♥

