Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Life Happens...

I have such good intentions of blogging more often but life happens & then I figure, "Who is really interested in reading more often anyway?" :)

#1244 ~ laughter

It's an amazing morning here thus far with the outside temperature on the computer registering 57 degrees. Up until late Tuesday night, the air-conditioning in our home had remained DISABLED as the majority of us are not inclined to frigid temperatures. (We are also attempting to cut down on energy costs.) Finally when the living room thermostat reached 94 degrees, we decided to turn it on in order to help us sleep better. Last night, it went back OFF! :) In all actuality, all four of us prefer to having the windows open & waking to fresh air, singing birds & sunshine streaming down on us. :) Mallary's infamous retort is always, "They didn't have air in the 1800's & we don't need air now!" I'm grateful for the simplicity of our girls. ♥

#1222 ~ daughters who serve

The company that Kyle works for was on vacation shut-down starting June 28th through July 8th, so us girls had our favorite guy all to ourselves for ten days straight. *Bliss* ♥ In the past the plant closed for two weeks every summer but due to production demands, that time frame has been shortened.  Typically we do things & go places & spend money & fill our days but this year we chose not to for several reasons. It was a tough decision that took much discipline yet when it was all said & done, we were grateful. ♥

#1250 ~ nieces who fit right in

We:
*stayed HOME
*slept in the tent in the backyard (ugh)
*cut wood for the firepit
*swam in the pool
*worked in the garden
*played LOTS of Scrabble & Yahtzee
*sat around the firepit most every night
*ate s'mores
*read our Bibles
*discussed Scriptures
*shared what God is teaching us & how He is working in our lives
*made breakfast together
*went for walks
*took in a baseball game with fireworks following
*sat under the shade tree
*cross-stitched
*colored
*read the biography of Corrie Ten Boom aloud
*drank LOTS of coffee ♥
*shared supper one evening with friends
*enjoyed a 4th of July parade with Marci's family & another friend & her family ♥
*found contentment in SIMPLE life... ♥

#1251 ~ a sister, my sister who blesses my day

Honestly, I loved every moment of it all except for...sleeping in the tent. Ugh. I'm all for being festive & I love the "idea" of it but really... Roosters crowing at 4:45 a.m. (yes ours) & (yes the ones I asked for), dogs barking (from all different directions), car alarms going off in the near distance, trucks zooming by (at two in the morning), bulls bellowing (longing for the ladies across the fence for don't you know...it's always better on the other side), crows cawing, cats scratching to get in, frogs singing... I like sleep & I like laying as close to my man as I can when I bed down for the night & neither of those things really happened. I mean, how do you lay as close as you can when you're sleeping on ground as hard as cement, angled down hill & have six layers of blankets on you?!? And how does one sleep with so many random ongoing noises!?! We slept in the beloved tent five or six of the nights & by the end, I'd had enough tent to last me...until they decide to put it up again. My word for the year is "savor" so I will purpose to "savor" even those unrestful, uncomfortable, make-me-cranky nights in the tent, for one day our girlies will no longer be home to make such memories. ♥

Pool maintenance man that I love so much...♥

Beyond thankful for their willingness to help out & work hard...♥

Nearly the death of me...

Love time together in the pool...♥

Never too big...♥

Love the attire...♥

Preparing for the evening firepit...♥

Love watching them work together...♥


Fixing up a nearly broken toe...♥

Baseball fun with great friends...♥

Celebrating FREEDOM...♥



Love this little man... ♥
Tuck riding with his daddy in the firetruck at the parade...♥

MaKayla loves the blessing of these two lives...♥

#1247 ~ children of friends

Taco salads under the shade tree...♥
Cross stitching...♥

Reading Corrie Ten Boom of an afternoon...
Yes, I am aware of all the "pepper" in my hair...
Kyle loves it...♥
Intently concentrating...♥

Firepit food...♥

Yahtzee...♥

Scrabble & cookies...♥

The best BBQ chicken you will EVER eat...♥
Grilled by hands I love...♥

Sisters...♥

Thankful...♥

Three lives that bless me EVERY day...♥

War declared...


They DO know better...♥

Down ya' go...♥

Victory is won!!!

Not having Kyle around has been a MAJOR adjustment & although we are somewhat back into a routine this week has been a busy one already with Savannah & Ciera spending the day with us Tuesday & Jordan joining us for a bit that evening. Having Jordan here resulted in me/us getting to see Marci/Mark which I/we always love & a trip to the Frosty for a yummy but not-so-healthy twist ice cream cone. Yesterday morning MaKayla had a commitment & since we were so close & couldn't pass up the opportunity, Mal & I went & visited Julie & Bryant. MaKayla joined us later & gave Julie a pedicure & fresh paint & design on her toes. Of course we stayed longer than planned so that everyone could get their turn in on snuggling Bryant. (I got the short end of the stick as Mal is a baby hog...and then MaKayla thought she HAD to HAVE her turn.) It is always so good to sit & chat with Julie. We think alike in so many areas & greatly enjoy any time we get to spend together. Last night was Worship Team practice for everyone but me (not musically inclined AT ALL), so I was blessed to take a good walk & enjoy a refreshing visit with Dawn. Always, always a blessing to my heart. ♥ Today is laundry, regroup, mow the yard & be with my girls.



LOVE...♥
#1252 ~ scent of baby

Sorry for all the pictures yet I know some of you LOVE them so here-ya-go. :)

Thanks for sharing life with us. We love each of you & pray your day is abundantly blessed. ♥

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; 
all who follow His precepts have good understanding.
To Him belongs eternal praise.
~Psalm 111:10~