Just Mal & I at home.
MaKayla had told Jon a few weeks back that sometime when he was getting ready to take one of his expectant mom's to have her babies delivered she would like to go & watch. She thought that day would be yesterday however it wasn't "quite time". Jon called her early this morning saying he was on his way with two mom's if she would like to come so she & Kyle (he secretly wanted in on the action...) got right around & headed to the vet clinic. I'm super excited to hear her "report". :) The more time she spends with Jon & Jane & their dogs/puppies & the more she works with them, the more she wants to know & the more involved she enjoys being. It's a tremendous blessing to Kyle & I.
Yesterday was such a gorgeous day here. Warm. Sunny. Beautiful.
Sadly, I can't say the same about today... Cloudy. Gloomy. Chilly.
We did take advantage of yesterday's summer-like feel...
And then last night we had company for supper.
We grilled.
Talked.
Shared.
It was fun.
I can't even count how many years it has been since this piece of "equipment" was out of storage & got "use". Kyle & I worked on cleaning it & then Mal & MaKayla washed all the dishes up. As we prepared it for little hands to enjoy, we reminisced about memories when the girls were "just that size". ♥
MaKayla just called & the first set of puppies are here...
Six beautiful, perfect bully puppies. :)
Now they are waiting to deliver the second set...
The experience has been bittersweet...
The excitement of new life in one situation...
And yet in another...
A family brought in a beloved pet struggling with a heart issue; needing to make the choice to put this creature they love so much to sleep.
Tears...
Sadness...
Sorrow...
She can relate for we've walked that road a few times ourselves. As a matter of fact, Mal HATES to take any of our animals to the vet for fear of "bad news" & the reality of coming home with one less member... :(
MaKayla's heart breaks for the grief this family is feeling.
Mal is begging to play a game...
Nertz is her choice! :)
Happy Saturday everyone! :)