Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

At. All.


The house is quiet as the girls work diligently on school. Classical music is playing while MaKayla finishes out another book she is reading in history & Mal whittles away at her math. We are all very tired & seem to be struggling to stay focused & awake. Mal had an orthodontist appointment 45 miles away at 7:20 a.m. this morning... Ugh!?! I just about caved & rescheduled but then decided the responsible thing to do would be to go and get it out of the way. She is NOT wanting braces. At. All. I told her that we would go for the consult, see what they thought & then regroup. She still hasn't changed her mind.... She does not want braces. At. All. MaKayla always thought braces would be a fun thing to have so when they were recommended for her, she was all for it. And then there is Mal... She has said all along that she didn't want them... At. All. And I don't think we will change her mind. It's one of those toss ups. Of course when Kyle & I were kids, braces weren't the norm. Only the "well off" group of kids could actually "afford" them so for us, it wasn't even an option. Now it seems abnormal if kids don't have them because most orthodontists would find reason why everyone needs them. So...we will pray & visit some more & then decide. Our budget would be much happier if we chose the "no go" route but then I wonder if Mal will have regrets as she grows older...

This draft has been sitting open all day on the computer...
School was completed...
Lunch inhaled...
And off again...
This time to the dentist... Yuck!
There are very few things I detest but the dentist is one of them. It's nothing personal towards the nice man who takes care of our teeth, but I simply don't like people messing around in my mouth. The possibility that they could cause me pain makes me a little (or alot) uneasy. Dr. V too concluded that Mal really needs braces. Blech... Not for cosmetic reasons but to prevent her from having major issues as she grows older. I can't say I'm still 100% convinced so much discussion & prayer will go in to the decision. I can say that I am thankful for a child who doesn't find value in vanity, as Mal has always said, "I don't mind the way my teeth look. They don't bother me a bit." :)


After our check-ups, the girls & I ran a few very quick errands, met Kyle & then came home for them to switch their belongings out & then head off for Worship Team Practice. I'm home alone & have tried to stay focused so that I can be productive in my solitude... :) Of course my thoughts now are very different than they were at 11:00 this morning... :/

I will say that in my "down-time" throughout today...while waiting at the dentist office, riding in the car, tidying Kyle & I's bedroom, feeding Zeke...my mind has been prayerful. Lots of things racing through my "gray matter", as my dad calls it, that only God can care for...fix...heal...resolve... It brings my heart such peace to know that He cares. He sees. He hears. He knows. He answers. I'm thankful for such a faithful Savior. One who is ever present in our every need as well as our in our times of victory. What a great God we serve!

Off to finish supper & spend time with the Lord before my people arrive home. :) It's been a very busy day but a very good day & I am thankful... ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥