Saturday morning as we were lining out the remainder of our time, I received a text from my mom that immediately indicated something wasn't right..."Call me"... It's not like Mom to be so pointed & abrupt so I immediately opened my phone & dialed her number. "They think that Aunt Renee' has had a heart attack... Uncle Randy called trying to reach Troy... The ambulance was called... They have life-flighted her... I will let you know when I know more..." We were two hours away in either direction... Two hours from Dad & Mom... Two hours from where Aunt Renee' was being flown... A feeling of helplessness to say the least.
Within an hour, Mom called back to say that this one I deeply loved had entered into the gates of Heaven... Into the presence of Jesus... Most probably a virus that directly affected her heart...
I wept...
This has been one of the hardest realities that I have ever had to face in my life... The loss of someone I loved with no real explanation... Not a car accident... Not cancer... Not sickness...
*young
*vibrant
*full-of-life
*overflowing with love
*the definition of joy
*as near perfect as one could be
*gracious
*kind
*beautiful
*always smiling
*angelic in nature...spiritually & physically
*the one who "introduced" me to "the city"
*the one who bought me my first pair of "high heels"...cork none-the-less...
*the one who applied my first lip gloss
*the one who gave the funnest Christmas presents
*the one who took me on vacation with their family
Aunt Renee'...
*never slept
*always gave
*never criticized
*loved her kids like no other mom I know
*adored children
*had a passion for horses
*literally glowed
*never complained
*very rarely got "worked up" about anything
*had the curliest hair & most beautiful dimples
*was simple
*was the definition of wonderful
on one of our many family cruises together.)
Remembering someone who has forever changed my life...
Remembering someone who I can learn much from...
Remembering a beautiful woman who I can only hope to emulate...
She has cast her crown at the feet of Jesus...
I can only imagine what her eyes behold...
I long for the day that I will one day meet her on the other side...
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Mendi, much love and prayers for you during this painful time. Praise the Lord for a life well lived and for her presence with Jesus. Prayers for her family and the loss you are all experiencing.
ReplyDeleteMendi, thank you for kindness and encouragement on my blog. You blessed me this morning! Much love to you,
AJ
So sad for you. What a devastating loss. Reading this made me want to live like your aunt - in such a way that my journey to heaven will leave a huge hole here on earth.
ReplyDeleteWeeping with you.