Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

I'm Looking At Jesus...


Today is the first day in nearly six-weeks that I truly feel as though I can "breathe". There has been so much chaos. There have been so many responsibilities. There has been an intense amount of turmoil. There have been numerous amount of preparations. The calendar has been full. It's literally been go here, go there, do this, do that... For the past six weeks, the second my mind is "with it", the order of my day has been reeling... The "To Do List" stacks in my mind... Knots begin to form... Stress begins to build... Anxiety peaks... Sure, I've been able to keep it "in check" but not without a cost.

A mental cost...(insanity)
A physical cost...(exhaustion, raw gut)
An emotional cost...(cranky, unstable)
A spiritual cost...(no time in God's Word/presence)

This morning I awoke & although I have much to get done today, I can breathe.

A dear & precious friend sent me an e-mail a few weeks ago in reference to some "junk" our family has been dealing with. The e-mail contained a devotion that spoke of Jesus & the disciples in the middle of the storm in the middle of the sea.
The disciples were afraid...stressed...anxious...worried.
Jesus, He was asleep.
Why?
The disciples had allowed the storm "to get inside of them".

You know, I will humbly admit that I myself have done the very same thing. The storms of life have controlled me...my emotions...my decisions...my perception...my walk...my time in God's Word. I've felt so overwhelmed that I haven't taken the time to stop and regroup. Instead, I've just kept going.

Today, I awoke, purposing to see Jesus rather than life.

No doubt some of the stuff we've had to face has been unpreventable yet that doesn't change the sovereignty & perfection of God.

No doubt some of the storms that have fallen down upon us have been out of our control but God is still on His throne & He promises to work ALL things for our good.

No doubt some of the "junk" that has been thrown at us seems menial & ridiculous however God has allowed it for a purpose & He desires that we allow Him to transform the "junk" into praise & glory for Him & Him alone.

He's sifting.
He's refining.
He's straining.
He's drawing me back to Himself.

It's a new day!
It's a new week!
Instead of seeing what's left to do,
I'm looking at Jesus.
What a glorious sight!

1 comment:

  1. What a needed thought this morning - the storms of life have gotten inside me a lot recently - controlling my attitudes, actions, re-actions. I think it's time to refocus. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥