Life has been incredibly busy and to be honest, the few weeks prior to this one I have somewhat lacked intentional motivation. You know where a little bit of innocent relaxed living evolves into complete complacency and laziness and the longer you allow it to continue the worse you feel about yourself and the more negative your attitude becomes. As it goes on without correction, the more areas of your life that join in and before you realize it the whole reality is that you have one gigantic snowball of unfocused, undisciplined, out-of-control living going on. You eventually become so sick of yourself that you cry out to God for help and direction because the emptiness you feel is so intense.
That's pretty much where I was a week ago this past Sunday, arriving in an arena where I felt so overcome by torment. Later in the evening as I opened my Bible to read before bed, I laid myself before the Lord seeking His counsel. He graciously yet specifically revealed to me the areas that I had lost complete focus of and had therefore ended up in complete confusion. As I drifted off to sleep that night, I pondered and prayed over the truths He had lovingly imparted on my heart.
That Monday morning I awoke refreshed and excited about putting to work what God had spoken. As I sat that morning pondering, the Lord clearly and distinctly revealed to me that as the keeper of this home, He has also entrusted me to be the "heart" of this home.
heart - innermost or central part of anything
I've always wrestled with the fact and reality that certain ones in our home tend to "follow" after me whether it be in my attitude, my actions, my motivation, my organization, my mood, my deliberate time with the Lord, my... It seems as though I am the one who inevitably establishes the pattern of life and living and until the Lord "met" with me that night, the whole idea of this frustrated me tremendously, yet during that intimate time with Him, He showed me that this is the way He intended it to be. When I chose to marry and bear children, unknowingly I was entrusted with the sole calling and responsibility of keeping the home and being the "heart" therein. That means that He holds me to the highest standard when it comes to nurturing, training and encouraging... And not just nurturing, training and encouraging in action but most importantly in heart... For if I do things with a "have to" or begrudging heart or if I become complacent and lazy and allow things to go uncared for, how can I anticipate anything different from anyone else? All too often I see myself as only a participant in this home rather than the "keeper" or the "heart" of the home. I've discovered through the correction and instruction of the Holy Spirit that God expects and desires so much more of me. That has been my goal these past few weeks.
*Being a better financial manager to make Kyle's income stretch...
*Putting the hearts of my family before the tasks of this home...
*Placing the tasks of this home ahead of what my flesh is crying out to do...
*Seeing to it that I set a good example in fulfilling my daily responsibilities...(laundry, meals, housework, decluttering...)
*Teaching, nurturing & training with LOVE as my primary focus...
*Correcting with patience and long-suffering...
*Stopping & fully listening when someone is desiring my attention...
*Being deliberate to be in God's Word on a daily basis...
*Looking for opportunities to encourage rather than to criticize...
*Putting into action avenues to keep my family healthy...
*Being aware of times when I can lighten Kyle's load...
*Beginning each day with a heart of joy & anticipation...
I've discovered more than ever that God has appointed Kyle as the head, leader, provider, protector and authority of this home. His job is great and on certain days no doubt the tasks before him seem overwhelming.
I've discovered that God has appointed me to be the heart of this home and as I live out that appointment and calling with joy and determination, it makes all the difference in the lives that live herein.
I've discovered that instead of becoming frustrated over the reality that others tend to follow my pattern of living, I will take delight in what I have been entrusted with. I will see it as a calling that I can daily improve upon. I will view it as an opportunity to enrich those that have been placed within my personal care. I will accept it as a gift of great value. I will treat it with utmost care. I will become a better steward of the "investment" that God has graciously extended to me.
*Being a better financial manager to make Kyle's income stretch...
*Putting the hearts of my family before the tasks of this home...
*Placing the tasks of this home ahead of what my flesh is crying out to do...
*Seeing to it that I set a good example in fulfilling my daily responsibilities...(laundry, meals, housework, decluttering...)
*Teaching, nurturing & training with LOVE as my primary focus...
*Correcting with patience and long-suffering...
*Stopping & fully listening when someone is desiring my attention...
*Being deliberate to be in God's Word on a daily basis...
*Looking for opportunities to encourage rather than to criticize...
*Putting into action avenues to keep my family healthy...
*Being aware of times when I can lighten Kyle's load...
*Beginning each day with a heart of joy & anticipation...
I've discovered more than ever that God has appointed Kyle as the head, leader, provider, protector and authority of this home. His job is great and on certain days no doubt the tasks before him seem overwhelming.
I've discovered that God has appointed me to be the heart of this home and as I live out that appointment and calling with joy and determination, it makes all the difference in the lives that live herein.
I've discovered that instead of becoming frustrated over the reality that others tend to follow my pattern of living, I will take delight in what I have been entrusted with. I will see it as a calling that I can daily improve upon. I will view it as an opportunity to enrich those that have been placed within my personal care. I will accept it as a gift of great value. I will treat it with utmost care. I will become a better steward of the "investment" that God has graciously extended to me.
I will do my best to live a life that is worthy of emulation...
I will do my best to live a life that enriches those around me...
I will do my best to live a life that God is glorified in...
I will do my best to live a life that makes much of Jesus...
In my attitude...
In my actions...
In my motivation...
In my dedication...
I've discovered that this is my life!
I've discovered that this life I love!
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith --
and this not from yourselves,
it is the gift of God --
not by works, so that no one can boast.
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:8~10

I will do my best to live a life that makes much of Jesus...
In my attitude...
In my actions...
In my motivation...
In my dedication...
I've discovered that this is my life!
I've discovered that this life I love!
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith --
and this not from yourselves,
it is the gift of God --
not by works, so that no one can boast.
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:8~10
This was such a good thing for me to read today. I to can get into phases like that. What really touched me was when you said to begin each day with joy and anticipation. I try to begin each day with joy, but I am not always anticipating the day. Sometimes I am so preoccupied with other things, that I look beyond today to something in the future and forget that today is a gift as well!
ReplyDelete