Just ask my family.
We had planned to start school on Monday & in our planning we crawled into bed at 9:30 Sunday night in order to get a good night of sleep for the 5:00 a.m. alarm. At 11:30 we were awakened to Kyle's cell phone ringing due to a family emergency needing our presence. Kyle & I quickly rushed around & headed out the door, arriving back home at 2:30 a.m. The alarm on his phone sounded at 5:00 letting us know it was time to arise... At 5:20 a.m. my cell phone rang, asking for/needing our presence once again. That's how Monday started...
Kyle & I are hosting a small group Bible study in our home on Monday evenings & since this Monday happened to be the first of our meetings, we had planned a special kick-off with a meal. My day was spent in the kitchen preparing while the girls were away attending to an imminent situation that needed their (most especially MaKayla's) attention. The house got cleaned. The food got prepared. The kick-off went great. The spirit was sweet. The fellowship was refreshing. The evening was a blessing. That's how Monday ended...
That was the start of our week...
Tuesday was full of school, study, housework & small instances of catch-up from Monday being so crazy.
Wednesday was full of school, study, housework, study, errands & study... Kyle & I are not only leading a Monday evening study here in our home but we are both leading individual groups on Wednesday evenings at church as well. This means lots of study time...for both of us.
In the midst of all of we have had going on, we've had some (multiple) burdensome personal situations that are so very heavy on our hearts. Situations where our desire is to glorify God yet I humbly admit that the sinfulness of our flesh wants it's own selfish way. You know, one of those, "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" situations... So, in chaos of the busyness of life, I have been searching, seeking, digging, scratching to find the perfection of God in each of these situations.
Who am I to be?
What am I to do?
How am I to respond?
Which parts am I to own?
Making much of Jesus in the hard moments in life.
Moments that aren't just moments...situations...circumstances...
Moments that affect & impact people I care about...
People God cares about...
It isn't coincidental that the past two weeks our Beth Moore study has been focused on the particular fruit of "Patience"...
Living it out.
Working it out.
Allowing God to manifest it in my life.
Especially in the hard moments...
I'm learning.
I'm convicted.
I'm being stretched.
God is transforming me from the inside out.
Easy? Not necessarily.
Enjoyable? I can think if funner things.
Exciting? Yes.
Regardless of the hardness, I desire God.
I desire God's best.
I desire God's will.
I desire God.
More. Than. Anything.
So...
I continue to search, seek, dig & scratch.
I continue to pray, listen, read & journal.
I continue to hunger...
For God.
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart
Is to bring You praise
From the inside out
Lord my soul cries out
In my heart and my soul
Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out,
Lord, let justice and praise
Become my embrace
To love You from the inside out.
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart
Is to bring You praise
From the inside out
Lord my soul cries out
In my heart and my soul
Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out,
Lord, let justice and praise
Become my embrace
To love You from the inside out.