Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Just When You Think You've Heard It All...

There are times that I am simply amazed by the things that I hear... I am simply amazed by the things that Christians do... I am simply amazed by the things that Christians say... I am simply amazed by the things Christians believe... I am simply amazed by the things Christians allow... I am simply amazed by the things that Christians deem as "okay"... I strive to not be judgmental knowing that although God and His Word are unchanging, He calls us all in different ways, however, just when I thought I had heard it all... As Kyle, the girls and I were leaving my parent's house last night, we were talking about the state of the church and how far we have wandered from the TRUTH of who God is, WHAT His Word says and HOW He commands us to live, Mom shared a situation with me that has absolutely left me dumbfounded. Just when I thought I had heard it all, Mom told us about a church in our close proximity that actually encouraged its parishioners/congregation to dress up for Halloween. Of course Halloween fell on a Sunday this year and the pastor asked the people that would be attending to dress up, (and they did)...even he, himself dressed up. I was amazed... I truly wonder what God thinks... What are we trading our faith for??? I am still in shock... I am grieved... I am deeply saddened...

Just when you think you have heard it all...

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God--having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have NOTHING to do with them. They are the kind that worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth--men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone. 2 Timothy 3:1~9


3 comments:

  1. I share your shock. I'm always happy to leave the month of October behind and move into Thanksgiving. Halloween is not an innocent holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Where we have we gone? We do not recognize Halloween but our church does too. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think shocked and stunned are better words. Amazed seems like a positive word to me.
    That is awful! How deceived that pastor is! And how sad that he is deceiving a whole church full of people :((

    P.S. Please keep commenting on my blog. Your scripture-filled replies are so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always welcome... ♥